- The Health Center Program, which is administered by HHS, awards grants to outpatient health care facilities that provide care to medically underserved populations.
- Discretionary and Mandatory: The program is funded through annual discretionary appropriations (Labor-HHS bill) and the Community Health Center Fund (CHCF), mandatory funding enacted as part of the Affordable Care Act.
- CRS: Two-Year Extension of the Community Health Center Fund in BBA-18 (Feb 2018)
- CRS: Federal Health Centers – An Overview May 2017
- CRS: Community Health Center Fund Jan 2017
- KFF: Community Health Centers: Recent Growth and the Role of the ACA Jan 2017